JASPER MARINE BROCHURE
From laid back cruising to wide open throttle, JASPER MARINE provides all the power you need and expect for your boating pleasure while allowing you to keep your present boat. Precision machining and quality parts, combined with thorough testing, give JASPER MARINE engines and you the edge in remanufactured inboard and I/O engines. Grover's Auto Repair located at 153 Main St in Mathews, VA is proud to be a JASPER Marine installer and can get your outboard engine tuned up - repaired or put in a remanufactured stern drive from JASPER MARINE which is built to precise tolerances and are generally in stock for immediate availability. These stern drives can save you money over the cost of a new drive and the warranty is second to NONE.
For those of the outboard motor persuasion, a fast and economical way to get back in the water is to install a remanufactured outboard lower unit from JASPER MARINE. Like all of our products, remanufactured lower units from JASPER MARINE are built to precise tolerances, can save you money over the cost of a new unit and are generally in stock for immediate availability.
Outboard motor powerheads are available for both two stroke and four stroke applications and include such four stroke models as the YAMAHA 75, 80, 90,100, 115, 150, 200 and 225; and two stroke models with 175, 200, 225, 250, 300 horsepower motors. All of the aforementioned powerheads will be available on an exchange basis.
The boating season is already too short. Don't spend the season waiting for repairs. Talk to our team of technicians about the quality and value of a remanufactured exchange engine, stern drive, outboard lower unit or powerhead from JASPER MARINE.
Proudly remanufactured in the U.S.A.
Outboard Motor Care
Keeping your outboard motor is crucial to keeping your boat in proper running order. Preventive boat motor maintenance facilitates safe boating and can keep your motor reliable for a long time. Here at Grover's Auto Repair in Mathews here is a list of a complete boat service and helpful tips for what you should do as general maintenance while using your boat throughout the year:
• Flush out the engine. This doesn't just apply to saltwater adventures, but to freshwater outings as well.
• Start up the engine and let the water pump do the rest (practice safe boating by remembering to stay clear of the prop and make sure no one tries to shift the motor into gear).
• While flushing the motor, we will check the water pump to make sure it has good water flow. This enables us to check the health of your boat’s water pump.
• After flushing the engine, disconnect the fuel line and allow the engine to burn all the fuel in the carburetor. Once you've finished the flushing and run the engine out of fuel, be sure to turn off the key and, if you have a battery switch, turn it off.
• Take the engine cowling off and check for fuel or water leaks. If you find leaks, consult your safe boating mechanic.
• Wipe everything down and spray with an anti-corrosive like WD 40 or Quick-lube. We will also lubricate all the moving parts, such as the shift, throttle cables, carburetor valves, etc.
• Replace the cowling and wipe it down. Keep a canvas or plastic cover on the engine between trips.
• Always use fresh fuel. At the end of the season, boat motor maintenance should include draining your tanks and taking the fuel to the proper recycling authority.
• Periodically check the fuel line for cracks and worn spots.
• Make sure the fuel primer bulb is not cracked and is pliable.
• Make sure the fuel-line fittings seat properly and don't leak.
• Check the clamps on the fuel line for rust or corrosion.
• Check the fuel tanks for damage and corrosion.
• Check the tank vent to make sure it aspirates properly.
• Check regularly for water in the fuel.
Content provided by boatsafe.com
If you find that you need periodic maintenance or repairs or major repairs, we hope that Grover's Auto Repair located at 153 Main St in Mathews, VA is your choice for boat repairs!